Cancer rehabilitation is a program that helps people with cancer maintain and restore physical and emotional well-being. Cancer rehabilitation is available before, during and after cancer treatment.
Cancer rehabilitation involves many types of specialists working together to develop a personal rehabilitation plan that considers your preferences, strengths and goals.
Participating in the cancer rehabilitation program may help you experience a fuller or quicker recovery.
Cancer rehabilitation professionals at Ascot rehab offer the help and expertise that you need to:
- Improve your endurance, strength and mobility
- Increase your confidence and self-esteem
- Make the activities of daily living and caring for yourself easier
- Help you cope with anxiety, distress or other emotional issues
- Reduce fatigue, pain and other lingering side effects
- Return to work
- Formulate a long-term plan for cancer survivorship
- Pain management
What our patients said
After my brain tumour operation I had not expected to have so many problems. Coming to Ascot allowed me to walk and move again and gave me time to recover before I went home. I was so grateful the team could still see me at home and keep my rehab going after I stopped being an inpatient.